Do you suffer from knots and tension in your back? If you’re looking for a way to get rid of them, then you should try a back massager. There are plenty of different kinds on the market, but we’ve put together a list of the best ones to help you make a decision. We’ll go over the features of each product, and what makes them stand out. By the end of this post, you’ll know exactly which back massager is the best for your needs.
So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Our Top Choice
- Comes with four kneading massage nodes
- Comes with a heating function that can help to loosen up tight muscles and provide relief from pain.
- Easy to use and comes with a remote control
- Lightweight and portable
What Causes Knots in Your Back?
Many things can cause knots in your back. Some common causes are poor posture, muscle overuse, and stress. Knots can also be caused by injuries to the muscles or connective tissues.
Some common causes of knots in your back are:
- Poor posture – Can cause the muscles and ligaments in your back to become overstretched and irritated. This can lead to the formation of knots.
- Muscle overuse – Repeated movements that overuse the muscles in your back can cause knots to form. This is often seen in people who have physically demanding jobs, such as construction workers or nurses.
- Stress – Can cause the muscles in your back to tense up and become knotted.
- Injuries – Injuries to the muscles or connective tissues in your back can cause knots to form.
If you have a knot in your back, it is important to see a doctor or other healthcare provider to find out the cause. Treatment for a back knot will depend on the underlying cause. Some common treatments include:
- Physical therapy – Can help stretch and strengthen the muscles in your back. This can help to relieve pain and prevent knots from forming.
- Massage – Can help to loosen tight muscles and relieve pain.
- Heat or ice – Applying heat or ice to the area can help to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Pain medication – Over-the-counter pain medications, such as ibuprofen, can help to relieve pain. Prescription pain medications may also be used in some cases.
- Surgery – In some cases, surgery may be necessary to remove knots or relieve pressure on the nerves.
9 Best Back Massagers for Knots – Reviews
Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager is perfect for relieving sore and tight muscles. It features 3-dimensional deep-kneading massage nodes that help relax overused and tight muscles. Additionally, the massager automatically changes direction every minute to mimic a natural, shiatsu hand massage. This is an excellent way to ease tension and fatigue caused by stress, post-workout muscle soreness, or other pain triggered by repetitive physical activity. This product is easy to handle and use. It also has multiple speeds and patterns, making it ideal for various body parts such as the lower back, abdomen, calf, thigh, and hand areas. Finally, the massager includes a free sleeve to lessen the intensity of the massage, and a car adapter to relax and enjoy your long commute to work or road trips.
- Able to target specific areas
- Very easy to use.
- It has a built-in timer so you can keep track of your massage time.
- The massager has a very powerful motor that provides a great massage.
- The price of the massager is very reasonable.
- It may be too strong for some people
- May not reach to the neck for taller people
The RENPHO handheld deep tissue massager is a great way to relax and relieve muscle tension. With its powerful motor, it can provide up to 3600 messages per minute, making it ideal for use on any part of the body. It also has a safety feature that automatically shuts off after 20 minutes to prevent overheating. The massager is also rechargeable, so you can use it cordlessly for up to 140 minutes on a single charge. This makes it great for taking with you on the go. Whether you’re looking for a gift for someone special or just want to treat yourself, the RENPHO handheld deep tissue massager is a great choice.
- The massager has a nice, ergonomic design and is easy to hold.
- It has three different massage heads to choose from, each of which provides a different type of massage.
- The massager is rechargeable, so you don’t have to worry about batteries.
- It has a relatively long cord, so you can use it without having to be close to an outlet.
- The massager is relatively quiet compared to other similar products.
- The price is reasonable.
- The massage heads can become hot during use.
- The cord may not be long enough.
- Price may be too high for some budgets.
Nekteck Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager have 8 powerful deep-shiatsu kneading massage nodes that have helped alleviate my muscle soreness and neck stiffness. The massager also comes with an infrared advanced soothing heat function which is great for improving blood circulation. It’s also adjustable so you can personalize the pressure to relieve muscle pain. The long handle straps are also really helpful for adjusting the massage position and strength. The massager is made of high-quality PU leather and breathable mesh fabric which makes it easy to use and clean. It’s also a great gift idea for anyone who you think could benefit from a neck massager.
- Comes with eight deep-kneading shiatsu nodes.
- Features an infrared heating function.
- Comes with a built-in control panel that makes it easy to adjust the intensity and heat of the massage.
- Lightweight and portable, making it easy to take with you on the go.
- Shiatsu nodes can be too strong for some people.
- Not recommended for use on pregnant women or those who are pregnant.
Papillon Back Massager with Heat is designed to relieve muscle soreness and tension with its 4 powerful 3D massage nodes that automatically change direction every minute. It also features 3 adjustable speeds, infrared heating, and a 15-minute auto shut-off. Made of high-quality and durable materials, it is safe and convenient to use at home, in the office, or the car. Papillon Back Massager with Heat comes with a reliable seller’s after-sales service for quality-related issues.
- Four rotating nodes provide a deep, relaxing massage.
- Adjustable intensity levels allow you to customize your massage experience.
- Heating function soothes muscles and eases pain.
- May be too intense for some people.
- Nodes may not reach up the back.
The LiBa Back and Neck Massager is an ergonomic massager that is perfect for anyone with knots or trigger points. The massager applies pressure to the affected muscle group, stimulating blood circulation and bringing in more oxygen and nutrients for faster muscle relief and recovery. The massager is also eco-friendly and hypoallergenic, making it safe for use on any part of the body.
- Intuitive ergonomic design that is both aesthetically pleasing and functional.
- Can be used on every part of the body
- Relieves muscle knots and trigger points
- Eco friendly
- Maybe too small for some people
- Could be difficult to operate for those with a limited range of mobility
The Kieba Massage Lacrosse Balls are made of 100% solid rubber, they are durable and easy to use. Simply lean on the ball and use your body weight and gravity to massage away knots and tension. They are small and portable, so you can use them anywhere, at home, at the office, or the gym. The Kieba Massage Balls come with a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee. So if you’re not satisfied, simply return them within 30 days for a refund. Buy with confidence!
- Good for releasing trigger points and knots in the muscles.
- Made of a high-quality material that is durable and long-lasting.
- Small and portable
- Some people may find the balls too hard
- The balls may not be effective for everyone
The InvoSpa Shiatsu Back Shoulder and Neck Massager is a great way to get deep tissue massages on your neck, shoulders, upper back, lower back, waist, foot, thighs, calves, legs, and feet. This massager has three-speed settings so you can adjust the intensity of your massage, and two direction settings so you can mimic the motion of an in-person massage experience. The built-in heat function enhances your massage experience by providing relaxing and soothing relief to your muscles. This massager is also portable and comes with a durable carry bag, making it easy to take with you wherever you go.
- 4 Big nodes and 4 small nodes for a deep massage
- 3-speed strength levels
- Bi-directional movement control
- Heat function
- Comes with a wall power adapter and car charger
- Durable carry bag included
- May be difficult to reach some areas on the back
- No warranty information is available
The Hangsun Handheld Neck Back Massager is a powerful and versatile massager that can provide you with a deep, soothing massage. With its dual head percussion, it is more effective than a single head massager in relieving muscle tension, knots, spasms, aches, and pains. It also has a wide range of variable speed control, so you can customize your massage experience to your needs. Additionally, the three interchangeable massage nodes allow you to target specific areas for a more customized experience. The ergonomic handle and extra-long power cord make it easy and comfortable to use, while the compact design makes it easy to take with you on the go.
- Powerful motor provides up to 3500 pulses per minute
- Dual head percussion is more effective than a single head massager
- Wide range of variable speed control
- 3 interchangeable massage nodes
- Ergonomic handle for easy and comfortable grip
- 98 inch extra long power cord for use on sofa or bed
- Nodes feel a bit too hard
- Can be a bit noisy
- It may require two hands to operate effectively
The DDVWU Massage Gun is a great choice for someone looking for a deep tissue massage. It has 12 massage heads and 7-speed levels, making it versatile enough to meet the needs of different age groups. The handle is lightweight and easy to control, making it effective in relieving muscle soreness. The quiet operation is another great feature, as it won’t disrupt your office or gym environment. Plus, the carrying case and instruction manual make it a great gift for someone special.
- Long-lasting battery life
- 12 massage heads for different needs
- Lightweight and easy to control
- Quiet operation
- Comes with a carrying case
- May not be as effective on smaller muscles groups
- The price may be too high
After looking at all of the options, we believe that the best massage gun for most people is the Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager. It’s a versatile and affordable option that provides a great massage experience. Plus, it comes with several features that make it easy to use, including an adjustable strap and a car adapter. If you’re looking for a top-quality massage gun, the Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager is a great choice.
Back Massager for Knots Buying Guide: What to Look For?
There are a few things you should keep in mind when shopping for a back massager for knots.
Consider the size of the knots you need to target. If you have large knots, you’ll need a massager with strong intensity levels. Conversely, if you have small knots, you may be able to get by with a less powerful massager.
As we mentioned, the intensity level is important. You can think of it as how hard you’re working. If you’re just starting, we recommend an intensity level of between 50-60%. This is a moderate level that will help you get used to the workout without overdoing it. As you become more comfortable with the routine, you can gradually increase the intensity level to 70-80%.
Some back massagers come with heating elements. This can be a nice feature, as the heat can help to loosen up knots. However, if you have sensitive skin, you may want to avoid massagers with heat, as they could irritate you.
Back massagers can range in price from around $30 to $200. It’s important to find one that fits your budget. However, keep in mind that the most expensive massager isn’t necessarily the best. Sometimes, you can find a great massager at a lower price point.
There are a few different features that you may want to look for in a back massager. For example, some come with adjustable intensity levels, so you can customize the massage to your needs. Others come with additional attachments, so you can target knots in other areas, such as the neck or shoulders.
When making a big purchase like a back massager, it’s always important to consider the warranty. This way, if something goes wrong, you’ll be covered. Most back massagers come with a one-year warranty.
Now that you know what to look for, you’re ready to start shopping for the perfect back massager for knots. Just keep these factors in mind, and you’ll be sure to find a massager that meets your needs.
Can a back massager get rid of knots?
There is no definitive answer to this question since everyone experiences knot differently and what works for one person might not work for another. However, many people find that using a back massager can help to loosen and release knots. If you have particularly stubborn knots, you may need to try different techniques or use a higher setting on your back massager. You should also consult with a doctor or physiotherapist to see if there are any specific exercises or stretches that they recommend for your knots.
How do you get rid of stubborn knots in your back?
It can be difficult to reach them with your fingers, and even harder to find a comfortable position to rest your arm while you massage the knot out. A back massager is the best tool for the job, as it allows you to target the knots without putting any strain on your body.
Can massage relieve muscle knots?
Yes, massage can help to relieve muscle knots. The pressure and movement of the massage can help to loosen the tight muscles and increase blood flow to the area, which can help to reduce inflammation and pain. If you are unsure how to massage the area yourself, you can always visit a professional massage therapist.
Does vibration help muscle knots?
Vibration does help muscle knots to a certain extent. The vibration helps to loosen the muscles and increase blood flow, which can reduce the pain and inflammation associated with muscle knots. However, it is important to note that not all muscle knots will respond to vibration therapy, and it is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before beginning any new treatment.