Disclaimer: We hope you’ll love the products we recommend. RelaxLikeABoss.com may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from Amazon Associates.
Looking for the best deodorant for stress sweat?
Well before we get into it, you must understand this:
It’s natural for our bodies to sweat. Why?
Because it’s a way for our body to regulate its temperature and cool down. With the millions of sweat glands placed all over our bodies, one of the areas where we struggle the most is our armpits.
And undeniably, this can be really be frustrating at times, even affecting our self-esteem and our overall confidence.
So that’s why today we’ll review the best deodorant for stress sweat for both men and women.
Keep reading or skip to the section you’re interested in.
Table of Contents
Short Answer: Product Overview Table
Top Best Stress Deodorants For Women
|Secret Antiperspirant and Deodorant for...||$12.97||Check on Amazon|
|5x Nivea Stress Protect Anti-perspirant...||$32.50||Check on Amazon|
|Degree Women Clinical Antiperspirant...||$18.74 $15.99||Check on Amazon|
|Dove Advanced Care Anti-Perspirant...||$18.71||Check on Amazon|
|Certain Dri Prescription Strength...||$6.28 $5.67||Check on Amazon|
Top Best Stress Deodorants For Men
|Gillette Clinical Antiperspirant...||$14.99 $10.99||Check on Amazon|
|Jack Black Pit Boss Antiperspirant &...||$19.00||Check on Amazon|
|SweatBlock Clinical Strength...||$19.99||Check on Amazon|
What Is Stress Sweat?
Whether we’re moving or not, our underarms still sweat, especially if our body is under a lot of stress.
Stress sweating is our body’s automatic reaction to any stressful, anxiety causing situations.
And unlike sweating due to intense motion or a hot and humid temperature, stress sweat can unfortunately cause the most intense smell.
Thankfully, there are ways to combat and ward off nasty odors.
One solution is to take a shower to freshen up but doing it every time you sweat just isn’t feasible in our daily working lives.
Therefore, the more modern and common approach is to use an antiperspirant and/or deodorant.
But before you confuse the two, they are not one and the same:
An antiperspirant temporarily prevents sweating whilst a deodorant simply masks or controls the smell caused by the interaction of bacteria and sweat on your skin.
Thanks to experts though, there are products that combine both.
These days, our choices in the market for an antiperspirant or deodorant is a dime a dozen.
It can be intimidating and confusing to choose which one will work best – not just for our sweaty and smelly underarms but one that would help boost our confidence as well.
So to help you pick the right option, here’s how to choose the best deodorant for stress sweat – whether you’re a man or woman…
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Deodorant
Our bodies come in different shapes and sizes, so it’s only natural that some of us sweat more than others.
If you think that your level of sweating is stubborn and uncontrollable, it would be best to consider clinical-strength antiperspirants instead of just using standard deodorants.
In the same way we choose a perfume, there are scents that we find pleasant while some scents can be too intense for our noses.
Generally, men are known to have smellier underarms than women!
So most men will go for the intense, rich smelling deodorants while most women will go for the floral-scented ones.
The scents usually range from perfume-inspired to nature-scented. It’s best to choose the scent that gives you the most confidence.
Deodorants come in various forms:Sticks, roll-ons, lotions and sprays among the few.
This is to address our differing levels of skin-sensitivity.
A lotion or roll-on may be too moist and icky – and many people prefer a spray instead.
Choose whichever one you’re most comfortable with.
Deodorants often contain ingredients that may affect the sensitivity of our skin and even trigger allergies.
Some common ingredients are Aluminum, Triclosan, Parabens, synthetic fragrances and other petrochemicals.
It’s best to know upfront if you have any allergies to such ingredients, as this will prevent any harm to your skin.
Skin rashes and irritation are the last thing you need if you’re struggling with stress sweat.
There are also organically-made deodorants in the market today.
Most deodorants will indicate the ingredients on their labels. So make sure you take the time to read and check.
A deodorant that doesn’t last is simply bad value for money.
Like with any personal care product we buy these days, you want something that lasts.
After all, this isn’t just about stress sweat – it’s your confidence we’re talking about here.
There are several brands that advertise a long-lasting effect, with some as long as 48-hour protection from odors.
Try and experiment to discover which ones have a lasting effect.
Antiperspirants and deodorants that come in liquid or cream formulas are usually the ones that have issues with drying.
A quick-drying deodorant means more convenience and less “sticky situations”.
So before you buy, you can test your deodorant by applying a small patch on your palms and seeing how quickly it dries.
Best Deodorant For Stress Sweat For Women
1. Secret Clinical Strength Advanced Solid (Women)
Prescription-strength with 4x protection from stress sweat.
This product releases it’s scent, whilst absorbing and masking your body odor.
Plus it keeps you dry and smelling clean for up to as long as 48 hours.
Secret Clinical Strength Advanced is also made with soothing Olay conditioners that reduce irritation and discomfort.
- This product has a strong and long lasting scent that easily covers the odor of stress sweat
- As per most reviews, this product has a 12+ hour lasting effect
- Some users actually reported that the deodorant lasts over 48 hours
- Combats nasty odors from stress sweat
- Easy to apply to your skin
- Some reviews found the strong scent and the cream itself gets stuck on their clothes and is difficult to wash off It’s a strong deodorant
- So if you have sensitive skin, you might find this causes a rash and skin irritation
SUMMARY: In terms of masking off body odor, this is one of the best deodorants for stress sweat.
2. Nivea Stress Protect Roll-On Deodorant (Women)
Scientifically proven to protect against stress sweating.
It has an anti-bacterial formula that also acts as an antiperspirant to protect against sweat and body odor.
Made with gentle and dermatologically-proven skin care ingredients that works up to 48 hours.
- The scent is light, fresh and it smells clean
- Since this is a liquid roll-on, it does not leave any waxy or hardened-cream stains on your clothing
- Even if you struggle with excessive stress sweat, you don’t need to apply much of this deodorant to enjoy it’s benefits
- Long lasting smell, so that you can go through your day with a lot more confidence
- Smells good and for most people, it won’t irritate your skin
- This is a roll-on liquid and will take some time to dry after applying
- Some people complain that the bottle doesn’t last very long
- You might need to top up regularly or purchase a regular subscription
SUMMARY: Nivea Stress Protect Roll-On Deodorant is great for those who prefer a deodorant that gives off a fresh scent.
3. Degree Women Clinical Antiperspirant Deodorant
This is an antiperspirant and deodorant that provides advanced strength protection.
Best to apply before bedtime, its unique formula will build layers of protection as you sleep.
This stress sweat protection should last throughout the following day.
This product is made with Degree’s innovative MotionSense technology with microcapsules that constantly release more fragrance as you go through your day.
Therefore it’s designed to ensure 48-hour protection.
- Proven clinical-strength deodorant – most reviews say it lasts the entire day
- It comes with a natural, floral scent that’s light and refreshing and great for those of you who have a sensitivity to strong smells
- A very reliable option if you’re really struggling with stress sweat
- Affordable price, especially if you need to purchase regularly
- Nice, fresh scent
- The light scent may not attract may not be enough to mask a more intense body odor
- This really depends on how bad your BO is
- There’s aluminium in the ingredients which is a little bit controversial
SUMMARY: Degree Women Clinical is both an antiperspirant and deodorant serving two functions for the price of one. It’s not as scented as others but lasts just as long.
4. Dove Advanced Care Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (Women)
Dove deodorant provides more than just odour and wetness protection, it also helps to repair your skin from shaving damage.
This product claims to be the number one dermatologist recommended product for underarm care.
It’s pomegranate and lemon verbena scent stays on your skin and doesn’t leak onto your clothes.
- It’s unique blend of scent is reminiscent of summer freshness
- As most reviews testify, this product does help in soothing underarm irritations and razor burn
- Beats odours for 24 hours or more
- Won’t leave stains on your clothes or skin
- Nice smell that’s long-lasting
- Some reviews find the formula too thick and that it gets a little flaky when applied
- Although I personally like the smell, some users complain that it’s a bit too sweet and sickly for their liking
SUMMARY: Aside from sweat and odor protection, it also soothes your underarm skin. If you order a pack of three, it’s a great deal for the price.
5. Certain Dri Anti-Perspirant (Women)
Certain Dri Anti-perspirant is a doctor-recommended, non-prescription product for the treatment of hyperhidrosis and excessive perspiration.
This product is best to apply before bed. It’s colorless and fragrance free formula has been tagged safe and effective by FDA so far.
- This is an over-the-counter underarm product specific for those who are suffering from hyperhidrosis.
- One of the most popular options out there – with consistently positive reviews
- Very effective for keeping your armpits dry and beating BO
- If you lack confidence due to stress sweat, this is one of the best deodorants for stress sweat out there
- Dramatically reduces sweating and keeps your pits dry
- This product is fragrance free so it may not appeal to those who prefer to smell good
- Make sure you follow the application directions, otherwise you may experience skin irritations
SUMMARY: Certain Dri Antiperspirant is best for treating hyperhidrosis and may not be needed by those who don’t.
If you’re not sure whether you have hyperhidrosis, you might want to look at one of the other deodorants on this list for managing stress sweat.
Best Deodorant For Stress Sweat For Men
1. Nivea for Men Antiperspirants Stress Protect Roll-on (Men)
This Nivea roll-on for men is an antiperspirant and claims to protect against stress sweating for as long as 48-hours.
- The formula is a thick liquid that is applied via a roll-on stick
- The product lasts a surprisingly long time – and is therefore great value for money
- The bottle is made of glass so you can see when it gets empty
- It works great for sensitive skin and the scent is not too overpowering.
- Designed specifically for combatting stress sweat
- This may not appeal to people who are sensitive with using roll-ons
- The glass-bottle is susceptible to breaking if dropped.
SUMMARY: This mildly-scented product works perfectly for men who are comfortable using a roll-on without having to worry about getting stains on their clothes.
2. Gillette Clinical Strength Antiperspirant Deodorant for Men
Gillette clinical is an innovative product containing 10,000 odor-fighting molecules.
With prescription-strength protection from sweat moisture and odor, it lasts as long as 48-hours.
- This deodorant comes in a compact clear gel formula that won’t stain your clothes
- The scent is fresh and not too overwhelming
- Many customer reviews find this product long-lasting and efficient.
- Great for beating excessive sweat – tons of good reviews for this product
- Provides protection from stress sweat for at least 12 hours
- Some users have complained that the scent has recently changed and isn’t as nice as it used to be
- The texture of the gel is a little thick – it’s a bit difficult to apply the glue-like texture
SUMMARY: For those who prefer a gel over a roll-on, this product works as efficiently as a deodorant. One of the best mens roll ons for stress sweat.
3. Speed Stick Power Antiperspirant Deodorant for Men
As an antiperspirant and deodorant in one, the formula is packaged in an conveniently shaped bottle for both comfort and control.
Ideal for all skin types, it provides 24-hour odor and stress sweat protection with a fresh, clean scent.
- The fresh scent of this deodorant lasts over 24 hours
- The roll on stick can easily get damaged or defective, so you need to be careful when applying it
SUMMARY: Speed stick is great for men who prefer a stress sweat deodorant with a long lasting effect yet no overpowering scent.Check on Amazon
4. Jack Black Pit Boss Antiperspirant & Deodorant (Men)
The Jack Black Pit Boss Antiperspirant & Deodorant is an invisible gel with a gentle and non-irritating formula made to deliver extra protection from sweat and odors.
The gentle formula is designed for sensitive-skin as it contains Vitamin E and Aloe Leaf Juice.
It even comes with anti-inflammatory properties too.
This product is dermatologist tested, paraben free and free from other harsh ingredients – so it’s great if you have sensitive skin.
- This product is expertly crafted by a brand that has a reputation for being organic in their approach to personal care
- Invisible deodorant – leaves no trace on your skin or clothes
- Gives you the confidence you need to be able to live and function with stress sweat
- Strong deodorant that’s great for combatting any sweat problems you might feel a little embarrassed about
- The scent may not be appealing to others and some reviews say it leaves stains
- Some people complain that the scent doesn’t last and can wear off in as little as 16 hours
SUMMARY: Jack Black Pit Boss Antiperspirant & Deodorant works efficiently against sweat and odor without having to worry about skin irritations.
5. SweatBlock Antiperspirant – Clinical Strength – (Men and Women)
This is an extra-strong antiperspirant that treats hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating.
It’s verified by the FDA and featured on the Rachael Ray TV show.
The safe and effective trade-secret formula controls excessive underarm sweating for up to 7 days. It’s trusted by many doctors and comes highly recommended.
- Popular and effective
- It can be used in any part of the body (except face) that suffers from excessive sweating.
- Very strong and powerful deodorant that’s designed for clinical treatment too
- It’s a quite a strong antiperspirant- Not ideal for those with sensitive skin – it may cause irritation for some
SUMMARY: This product is definitely the best deodorant for stress sweat and the treatment of hyperhidrosis but may cause skin irritations to some.
Final Verdict: What’s The Best Deodorant For Stress Sweat?
So among the reviewed antiperspirants and deodorants, which is the best deodorant for stress sweat?
The products we reviewed above definitely cater to people with differing skin sensitivities, scent and texture preferences.
Also, most are specific to men and women, as our bodies have different compositions.
But taking in all these factors, SweatBlock Antiperspirant is perhaps the best one for both men and women.
That’s especially true if you want to beat hyperhidrosis, excessive sweating or stress sweat.
However, if your only aim is to combat normal levels of odor and sweat, Dove Advanced Care Anti-Perspirant Deodorant is the best for women and Nivea for Men Anti-perspirant Stress Protect Roll-on is the best option for men.
These two products have really positive reviews, as both are not just effective antiperspirants and deodorants but are also smooth to apply on the skin with a nice scent to match.
Disclaimer: relaxlikeaboss.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.