Looking for the best fidget toys for anxiety?
Fidget toys are actually one of the best ways to relieve anxiety and stress.
Now if you struggle with anxiety, you’re certainly not alone:
Many of us have anxiety issues we find difficult to overcome. Anxieties are caused by a lot of stressful factors and our bodies have multiple ways of manifesting it.
We fidget, tap on anything, struggle with OCD or just develop restlessness. But more worryingly, anxiety affects our focus and our mental state.
But don’t panic just yet, as there are many ways to deal with stress. These days, playing with fidget toys is a popular and convenient way to help ease our minds from anxiety.
So if you’re tired of biting your nails or tapping your foot, then you’ll enjoy our review of the best fidget toys for anxiety below…
Table of Contents
Top 12 Best Fidget Toys for Anxiety Reviewed
1. Möbii Fidget Ball
This is a small ball made from bright blue aluminum rings that are woven together so you can rotate and spin it in your hand.
- Simple and easy to use
- Can be easily washed
- Portable and can be used anytime, anywhere
- Rings comes with a cool, glossy design
- Choking hazard
Not for children under 3 years
Verdict: This is a simple yet durable and highly effective fidget toy that works great to relieve stress and address other anxiety issues.
2. The Original Magic Sequin Fidget Pillow
This is basically a pillow covered with two-colored sequins where you can run your hand along its scaly texture.
You can wear it on your hand via an elastic strap.
There’s also a band on the back so you can rub it anywhere along on your body to ease your stress.
- Great to keep your hands occupied
- Calming to use and helps reduce tension
- Helps with ADD, ADHD, OCD, and autism.
- Promotes focus and concentration
- Can be used by everyone: children and adults
- Becomes a bit smelly over time if you don’t wash it
- Needs to be washed
- Sequins can get damaged or detached
Verdict: This pillow-type fidget toy is simple, eye-catching and is great for calming anxiety.
3. Crazy Aaron’s Thinking Putty
This fidget toy is a multi-colored putty that you can stretch, mould and hold up in the light to admire it’s prism of colors. It comes in a variety of colors.
- Incredible colors
- Does not dry-out
- Designed for both outdoor and indoor lighting conditions
- Packaged in a tin can for portability
- It’s only 1/5 lb and may be too small if you have big hands.
- It can stick into the carpet/any fabric if you’re not careful.
- The putty is thick which can cause the lid to get stuck
Verdict: This is a cool putty fidget toy with hypnotizing colors that you can squish, stretch and do almost anything you want with it.
It also gives your hands and fingers a great reflex therapy to calm your stress.
4. PILPOC theFube Fidget Cube
Called PILPOC the Fube, it’s a fidget cube of 6 sides with rounded corners and soft buttons, stones and joysticks to rotate. You can click on it and play with.
The cube has dimensions of 1.8 x 1.8 x 1.8 inches and comes with a protective case for safekeeping.
- Has an audible and silent side to address depending on what you prefer
- Bigger than the average cube and can accommodate bigger hands
- Made with high-quality ABS plastic – soft and smooth to the touch The rounded corners are easy to the grip
- The joystick can easily lose its fluidity
- Several reviews had issues with the switch getting stuck
- The buttons can get damaged and fall off if you’re not careful with it
Verdict: This Fube is a great fidget toy to help improve your focus whilst giving you the option of silent or audible play, so you can use it anytime and anywhere.
5. Monkey Noodle String Fidget
This is a 500-piece pack of 6-inch wax craft sticks you can bend, stick or shape. The strings come in 13 colors.
- Great for fuelling your imagination and creativity
- This product is great for ages 3 and up
- Colors are bright and attractive
- You can also use this to decorate things
- Sticky enough – doesn’t need glue or any other sticking agents to connect the pieces
- Thin and only half the thickness of the usual stix like the more popular Wikki Stix
- The wax can come off after a few uses, it loses a bit of malleability over time
- Sometimes it doesn’t stick long enough so sculptures won’t hold
Verdict: This type of fidget toy is great for creativity, stress, and anxiety.
This product is a worthy alternative to the more popular and established Wikki Stix.
6. Tom’s Fidgets Flippy Chain Fidget Toy
Made from stainless steel rings and chain links that you can flip, split and fidget with to help lower stress. This fidget toy is silent and the steel rings are durable – so you don’t have to worry about rust or corrosion.
- Great to keep your hands/fingers busy
- Small – can be used by children and adults with small hands
- Can be easily kept in your pocket or alternatively used as a key-holder/key-chain
- Discreet and doesn’t make any noise
- The metallic design can flake off and fall apart a little
- It is a bit small and difficult to fiddle with if you have big hands
- The rubber bands easily break if you’re not careful
Verdict: This flippy chain fidget toy by tom’s fidgets is great for concentration and to relieve stress.
However, it may be a bit too small if you have big hands.
7. Infinity Cube Fidget Toy
This foldable infinity cube is made from aluminum alloy that’s great for fidgeting and alleviating other anxiety problems. It’s composed of 8 small cubes that you can rotate in any direction and angle.
- The cube is small and pocket-sized – perfect for fidgeting with on the go
- Made from metal – it’s more durable than some of the other plastic fidget toys on this page
- Very smooth, the folding motion
- Comes with a protective case and carrying pouch
- Suitable for kids and adults
- Can break if dropped
- Some reviews note that the joints make squeaky noises
Verdict: This cube is a cool-looking fidget toy made from high-quality materials. It’s great for improving focus, alleviating anxiety, ADHD and autism.
8. DoDoMagxanadu Orbiter Fidget
This is a unique-looking fidget spinner that resembles metallic orbit balls. It has a hand-spinner, traction ball, and a spinning top.
The ball spins through its magnetic strip and can be played with as a regular fidget spinner – or you can use the trackball to spin it like a top.
- Unlike regular fidget spinners, there are multiple ways you can play with this toy
- It’s balls are removable to change spin movements
- Perfect for relaxation and reducing anxiety
- It’s roller balls can spin-off
- It’s magnetic force is weak
- It’s mall parts are choking hazards – not ideal for children
Verdict: This magnetic orbit ball is good for focus and relaxation but children need adult supervision with this toy due to its small parts that can be choking hazards.
9. Fidget Spinner High Speed Aluminum Bearing
This fidget spinner comes with a cool, futuristic design. The body is made of aluminum metal material CNC with high quality, feel very good gravity, fast rotation
- No Big Noise
- Easy to carry
- Great bearing
- Smaller than most spinners
- The caps on either side are not metal
Verdict: Not just great for anxiety, this fidget spinner also provides a good workout for your wrist and forearms!
10. Double Pendulum Fidget Toy
This is a fidget toy built with a double-pendulum. It’s made from stainless steel with hybrid bearings.
The spin movements of this toy vary and follow different, unpredictable paths – unlike a regular fidget spinner. It’s also pocket-sized and portable.
- checkUnique and different design compared to most fidget toys
- checkMade from stainless steel and therefore not easy to break
- checkEasy and comfortable grip design
- Great for anxiety and stress-relief
- Its design can be confusing to first-time users
- Individual parts can fall apart
- Bearings make noises
Verdict: A cool and new take on fidget spinners that’s great for concentration, relaxation, and stress-relief.
11. LiKee Magnets
The LiKee fidget toy comes with magnetic sculpture building blocks.
It has 219 pieces of tiny magnetic balls that can be shaped, assembled and sculpted into seemingly endless ways.
You can also use this as a paperweight or a decoration piece.
- A great toy for creativity and for those with a knack for solving puzzles
- Easy to assemble
- Choking hazard
- Not suitable for children under 14 years.
Verdict: Likee Magnets are a fun and multi-purposed fidget toy that nurtures creativity but due to it’s small parts, it’s not suitable for everyone.
If you don’t have big hands, this is a great fidget toy that’s fun and easy to use.
12. Spiky Sensory Ring
This is an eye-catching spiky ring that you can twist, squeeze and throw for stress relief. It’s made with thermoplastic rubber that’s durable and non-toxic. The ring is 4″ in diameter.
- Great for tactile stimulation
- Safe and nontoxic
- Suitable for 3 years old and above
- Comes in a pack of 3 rings
The rings have glued sections that can easily come apart
Verdict: It’s a brightly coloured textured toy that’s great to fidget with and let out some stress.
Final Thoughts: Which Is The Best Fidget Toy For Anxiety And Stress?
Based on our own experience and customer reviews online, the Möbii Fidget Ball is the best fidget toy for anxiety from this list.
There are very few negative reviews but perhaps what makes it great is that it’s a small, simple and attractive toy that you can fidget and play with to relieve anxiety.
De-stressing should be fun – and the Mobii Fidget Ball makes it just that.
How To Choose The Best Fidget Toy For Anxiety?
Fidget toys are designed differently from each other:
And not all of them were created equal.
The variety of choices can be overwhelming. But here are the key factors to consider which one’s are the best for you to help calm your stressed nerves.
Different designs suit different needs and engage different parts of our bodies and mental capacities.
Fidget toys come in all shapes and sizes – as a spinner, a stress ball or a clay-dough, etc. Try to find one that relieves the most tension and anxiety for you.
Every fidget toy comes with a different price tag.
Personally, if you struggle with anxiety then it’s best to avoid the cheapest priced options – otherwise, it’s likely to break after a few plays.
Choose the one you think would give you more bang for your buck.
Fidget toys are typically made from different materials like plastic, fabric, wood, stainless steel and etc. But if you have children about, you need to be careful.
Choose something that’s not only durable but more importantly, is non-toxic and safe for everyone to play with.
Spin it, shape it, stretch it….
Fidget toys vary wildly in how they can be played.
Some you solve. Some you build. Some you play.
It’s best to choose the movement type that not only gives you the most satisfaction but also stimulates you too. After all, fidget toys should be engaging and fun to play it.
Who wants to play with a toy that looks, feels and smells bad? That’s only going to make your anxiety worse!
The best fidget toys are the ones you enjoy looking at. Plus they should be safe to play with and nice to touch.
There are also fidget toys that make a certain noise which can be a problem for people sensitive to sound.
If that sounds like you (no pun intended), then you can easily find a silent one.
Disclaimer: relaxlikeaboss.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.