With so many out there, how do you know which are the best stress relief toys?
Do you remember when you were a kid and you wanted nothing but the coolest toys?
What about the countless times after school and on holidays where you sought entertainment and relief from your action figures, dolls and other childhood toys?
Fast forward to adulthood and you’d think you no longer need the comfort you get from toys the same way you did when you were nine or ten.
But that’s why we love stress relief toys – they’re fun, calming and a great way to unwind.
In this review, we’ll talk you through the pros, cons and our personal pick for the best stress relief toys available today.
Why Use Stress Relief Toys?
For many of us who struggle dealing with the pressure of work, a stress relief toy sitting on our desk or in our office is the perfect way to quickly relax.
It’s something that can temporarily distract us from our nagging bosses and bossy co-workers and even keep us afloat from drowning into an ocean-load of reports we have yet to finish.
And sometimes, we just need something to help us let off steam and relax from a long day of work.
Stress relief toys are a must-have to keep yourself balanced from the pressures of modern life.
Types Of Stress Relief Toys
Stress relief toys have become popular through the years.
We’ve seen the rise of fidget-spinners, which have gone from being a coping toy to something as fancy as a collector’s item.
Manufacturers have since evolved their production of stress relief toys from the simple stress ball to something as challenging as puzzles for relaxation. And all of them come with one common goal: to help reduce our overall levels of stress.
Stress relief toys help reduce our anxiety, calm our nerves, divert our attention and overall just improve our mood.
In fact, getting yourself a stress relief toy is almost as exciting as getting your young self a present for Christmas.
And with all the numerous cool designs and colourful varieties available for purchase, it’s almost as if we are wide-eyed kids inside a toy store in awe of all the selection in front of us, right?
So now, let’s get into our review of some of the best stress relief toys available on the market today.
But before you get giddy and make a purchase, the factors below will help you make a decision about which stress relief toy is the best one for you.
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Stress Relief Toy
Size: Stress relief toys come in so many different sizes. If you want something portable, choose a toy that you fit inside your pocket so you can keep it with you and play with it anytime, anywhere you want.
Durability: Squeeze it, roll it, crumple and throw it. Many of these toys are made for such. Choose the ones that are durable and built to last.
Price: There are high-end, high-quality stress relief toys and there are also simple, low-priced ones that still come with plenty of value for money. How much are you willing to spend for a stress relief toy that gives you back your peace of mind?
Design: Designs vary and depend on the functions they serve. There are stress balls, fidget spinners, magnets, mini-puzzles, plastic squeeze toys and more. Choose the one you’d think you’d have more fun with.
Stress and Anxiety Relief: More fun means more relief from stress. Choose something that’s simple, convenient and perfect for quick entertainment.
Safety/Child safety: It’s a toy after all and therefore you need to be careful if you have kids around. In the event that your kid or someone else’s would want to tinker and play with the stress relief toy, it would be best to have something that’s non-toxic and safe not just for you but also for any children around.
Now let’s review the top 10 best stress relief toys of 2019.
Best Stress Relief Toys Available Today (2019 Buyers Guide & Reviews)
1.Rainbow Peacock Feather Zinc Alloy Fidget Spinner
A cool looking rainbow metal fidget spinner made of high-density zinc alloy that has superior shatter resistance.
It’s bearings are designed to handle high-speed spinning from 3 up to 6 minutes with a fun dolphin design and rainbow finishing.
A great stress relief toy to reduce anxiety and combat fidgeting.
- The aesthetics are really cool
- The cool rainbow-colored prism surface is eye-catching and the dolphin design is cute and fun
- The curved shape design is great for hand comfort and long term use
- Spins for just over a minute – surprisingly longer than we expected!
- A little bit heavier than I expected
- It has small parts and is a bit of a choking hazard for children under 3 years old
- The pre-drilled holes on the armrests are difficult to align when you’re assembling it
Verdict: Fidget spinners may look simple but they’re actually a fun, engaging stress relief toy.
But more than that, it’s also great for many of our cognitive functions such as focus and concentration, for quitting bad habits and addressing autism.
So it’s surprisingly versatile.
2. Toysmith Deluxe Zen Garden
This deluxe Zen Garden is a miniature of a traditional Japanese Zen sandbox.
With this sand garden and the brooms included, you can create beautiful meditative patterns in the sand to reduce your stress.
It comes with a 9×9 rosewood frame, i2 rakes, a broom to create sand patterns, two crane figures and assorted stones.
It also includes an instruction and meditation booklet.
- This miniature Japanese Zen garden is perfect for playing with to reduce your stress
- Nice conversation starter if you have friends over
- The sand is actually really nice!
- Beautifully designed
- Really high quality materials – looks even better than the photos!
- Be careful with the sand because it can get a little messy and easily spill over
- Nice conversation starter
Verdict: This toy doesn’t just help you gain a relaxing state of mind but it may also help you improve your stability if you have shaky hands.
3. Serenilite Hand Therapy Stress Ball
This is a hand therapy stress ball that’s durable and made of premium quality that materials.
It’s designed to help you improve your hand mobility and grip strength.
Made of a tear-resistant gel core and sleek non-stick fabric materials, it retains its shape and is smooth to the touch.
Serenilite Hand Therapy Stress Ball also comes in multiple colors.
- This stress ball is small yet sturdy and has just the right amount of resistance for stress relief
- It can also help you combat computer-caused hand arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome
- This bundle contains 2 items
- Due to the ball’s fabric, it can sometimes produce a strange odour over time
- It’s therefore not great if you struggle with sweaty palms.
- Items may ship separately
Verdict: The Serenilite Hand Therapy Stress Ball is a great stress relief tool because it’s soft, squeezable and a great hand workout as well.
Plus it’s a convenient size and easy to carry on the go.
4. Dammit Doll Classic
Yes, this is a doll! But hear me out…
It’s actually designed and created for adults.
It’s handmade from high-quality materials and durable enough to endure and sustain a tight squeeze.
Each doll is designed with the softest of stuffing, funniest of prints and some of the most charming characters to ease your personal frustrations.
One of the most unique and fun stress relief toys on this list!
- This is such a fun equivalent to stress balls
- The best thing about it is that each doll has their own charming and funny personalities
- Comes with an artsy design compared to just regular stress balls
- When you order, your dolls are randomly selected. So you won’t get the option to choose the personality or design of your doll
- So if you’re particular about a design that you want, it might be a hassle to keep returning your order until you get the doll design that you prefer
Verdict: Dammit Doll Classics are fun and an adorable alternative to stress balls but it would really be nice for us buyers to have the option of choosing which doll we want.
5. Monkey Mesh-and-Marble Fidget Toy
Monkey-shaped fidget toys are made with high-quality and nontoxic materials, free of BPA’s and is safe and hypoallergenic for both kids and adults.
These fidget toys are also great for classrooms and hospitals, or wherever else fidgeting occurs.
Each monkey fidget is 3.5″ long, with one marble inside. You get 8 toys per pack – 2 each of red, yellow, green and blue. All of them are fully machine washable (air dry).
- Love the quirky monkey design
- Completely free of any harmful additives
- Perfect size for adults and kids so it can be used in multiple settings like classrooms, in clinics and therapy sessions
- Several reviews note that the seams can come apart after a few plays
- Also, the marble inside can break and shatter which may be harmful if not properly disposed and taken care of
Verdict: Although this fidget toy is great for it’s versatility, it needs to be well-taken care of to avoid early wear and tear. We love the design – but it’s just not the most durable stress relief toy out there.
6. Cuby Magnetic Sculpture Desk Toy
A sophisticated looking toy in a black plastic base and created with magnetic pieces of metal, this sculpture desk toy can fire up your creative and artistic juices.
With an endless variety of combinations that you can design, this isn’t just a stress relief toy.
It can also help you develop your patience, focus and creativity.
- Endless fun combinations – its almost impossible to run out of creative designs
- This is an ideal stress relief toy for kids and adults.
- The strength of the magnetic is actually surprisingly resilient
- Fun to play with in the office
- Great for sitting on your desk – nice design too
- The balls are stainless steel and not magnetic, only the base is magnetic
- The tiny balls can get lost and it may be quite hard to find the pieces if they get detached from the magnetic base
Verdict: Such a sleek and interesting design for a toy but the tiny balls can be choking hazards for children under 3 years.
7. Tangle Relax Therapy
The Tangle Relax Therapy is an FDA approved stress relief toy great for refining hand motion, alleviating joint problems, enhancing hand muscle performance, strengthening finger joints, and great for rehabilitating hand muscles.
It’s a tactile, rubberized tangle with a textured exterior to improve your focus and relax your mind.
- The twisting and turning action you can do with this attractive tangle toy has a calming effect
- Can help you concentrate and overcome panic attacks
- You can twist the tangle toy in different ways to help alleviate anxiety and treat stress
- Perfect stress relief toy if you’re struggling with ADHD or anxiety
- Due to it’s materials, the rubbery texture is actually really nice to play with
- While this is great to keep your hands busy, a couple of reviews complain about it not being durable enough
- This product has no return option once sold.
Verdict: If you are someone struggling with anxiety and panic attacks, this is a good stress relief toy for you to fidget with.
8. Infinity Cube Fidget Toy
A metal aluminum cube made from plastic blocks.
It’s BPA-free and nontoxic plastic blocks link together with strong stainless steel metal rivets.
It’s a high quality mini-fidget relief toy that’s reliable, durable and built to last.
This is a fun and addictive dice that’s not just good for stress-relief but also improves finger flexibility.
- This is such a cool looking therapeutic toy that’s light and portable
- Great if you need a stress relief toy to play with on the go
- It’s ideal for people with autism, ADHD and hyperthyroidism.
- Comes with a 100% money back guarantee
- A nice alternative to typical stressed behaviours like nail biting or knuckle cracking
- Some users actually complained that their latest purchase isn’t the same quality as the previous products they bought
- The surfaces can easily chip and show wear and tear over time. Some reviews also note that the hinges can loosen and make a tiny squeaking sound when flipped
Verdict: Tiny, compact and portable. This is an amazing stress relief toy that will also help you improve your finger and hand sensitivity.
9. Tom’s Fidgets Flippy Chain Fidget Toy
This flippy chain fidget toy is a handcrafted durable stress relief toy made of stainless steel rings and chains perfect for ‘silent fidgeting’.
This fidget chain toy has helped people to overcome smoking, reduce stress, succeed in school, stop biting nails and relieve social anxiety at parties and gatherings.
- It’s made from stainless materials that do not rust or corrode
- It’s silent and therefore doesn’t draw attention
- Perfect to use at social events
- Portable and easy to carry
- If you’re not keen on the tangle toy, this is a great alternative
- As it is smaller than usual fidget chain toys, it may be a problem if you have bigger and longer fingers than the average person
- It would be quite challenging for you to move and fidget with the rings.
Verdict: This tiny and lightweight stress relief chain is great for children and those of you with smaller hands.
10. Colorido Lollipop Star Fluffy Slime Putty Mud Clay Plasticine Sludge Toy Stress 3#
This is a non toxic slime that you can mold to any shape or form.
It’s is not just ideal for stress relief but also great for arts, crafts, and school projects.
- The rainbow color is a refreshingly attractive design
- It may cause harm when ingested so make sure kid’s play under adults’ guidance.
Verdict: If you like something colorful and fluffy to mold, squeeze and form then this may be the best stress relief toy for you.
What’s The Best Stress Relief Toy?
The stress relief toys we reviewed for you are actually just a few of the hundreds of various kinds of stress-relief toys being sold on the market today.
But it was up to me, I’d personally pick the Rainbow Peacock Feather Zinc Alloy Fidget Spinner as the best on the list.
Because it’s a one-piece toy that’s not just light and portable but also because of it’s beautifully crafted design.
The only problem you’ll struggle with is making sure your friends give it back after playing with it!
Disclaimer: relaxlikeaboss.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.