So what’s the best yoga mat for sweaty hands? Today, you’ll find out…
If you struggle with sweaty hands and feet whilst doing yoga, you’re not alone.
Thankfully, picking the right yoga mat can seriously help you out.
And that’s why you need one you can rely on.
From more grip to reducing odours, not all yoga mats were created equal.
So below, we’ve reviewed the best yoga mats for sweaty hands and feet available on the market today.
The Short Answer: Best Yoga Mat For Sweaty Hands
Here’s our top 10 grippiest mats on the market in 2019:
- Gaiam Sol Dry-Drip Yoga Mat
- Jade Yoga Harmony Professional Mat
- Manduka PROlite Mat
- Hugger Mugger Para Rubber Yoga Mat
- Clever Yoga Mat
- IUGA Non-Slip Yoga Mat
- Aurorae Synergy Two in One Yoga Mat
- Heathyoga Non-Slip Alignment Mat
- Yoga Design Lab Combo Mat
- Hemingweigh Extra Thick Foam Exercise Mat
We’ve reviewed each one of them below…
Best Yoga Mat For Sweaty Hands: 10 Super Grippy Mats Reviewed
1. The Gaiam Sol Dry-Drip Yoga Mat
Made from moisture repellent material, this yoga mat is a favourite for a lot of people because it stays dry and if the temperatures go up, it’s grip actually improves.
This is the perfect mat if you’re practicing hot yoga or you sweat a lot during sessions.
Thanks to the technology it is made from, you will be able to handle sweatier and hotter yoga sessions with ease.
When compared to other mats on the market, this is not exactly a cheap mat but you still get value for money because the pros outweigh the cons.
- Its dark color hides sweat stains and it comes with a bit of extra cushion
- Super lightweight and doesn’t produce any odor
- Has a very stylish and sleek design
- Has a slip-free surface thanks to the optimal dry technology
- There are no color options to choose from
- Very expensive for a yoga mat
Overall Verdict: Take the price out the equation – and this is one of the best yoga mats out there for sweaty hands and feet because it’s very light, thick and comfortable.
It ticks all the boxes and is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy a good yoga session without worrying about slipping.
2. The Jade Yoga Harmony Professional Mat
If you’re looking for a mat that has a sticky texture to prevent your hands from slipping then the Jade Yoga Harmony Professional Mat is exactly what you need.
While you might have some issues regarding stability and mobility, the one thing you will not be disappointed with is the grip.
You’ll discover that you’re able to keep your balance at all times because this mat is resilient, nicely cushioned and it’s made from natural rubber.
Although this might sound good, it does have a few cons which are highlighted below.
- It’s nicely cushioned, making it extra comfortable on your elbows and knees
- A very thick mat (4.7mm)
- One of the most comfortable mats with a strong grip
- You can choose from 9 different colors
- Eco-friendly and comes with a one year warranty
- Takes a while to absorb sweat odor
- Has a strong rubber smell when you start using it
- It lacks the dry tech feature which most yoga mats reviewed in this article have
Overall Verdict: This yoga mat is perfect for hot yoga sessions because it’s very thick and comfortable.
You shouldn’t lose your footing or grip either, thanks to the fact that it’s nicely cushioned.
Although it takes a while to absorb sweat, it’s still a wonderful yoga mat.
3. The Manduka Prolite Mat
The Manduka Prolite Mat is well known for it’s ability to absorb sweat without any problems.
But if you really want to keep this yoga mat in tip-top condition after a bit of a sweaty session, the makers suggest scrubbing it with sea salt then letting it dry out in the sun.
People gravitate towards this mat because it’s also slip resistant.
This is one major quality anyone who practices yoga looks for in a mat and it has the perfect amount of padding for anyone who uses it.
- Even when you sweat, it will not stick
- Super lightweight and travel-friendly
- You can choose from 5 colors
- The patterned bottom prevents you from slipping or sliding
- Needs to be cleaned on a regular basis
- Expensive price tag
Overall Verdict: The Manduka Prolite comes in an array of wonderful colors leaving customers spoiled for choice and it’s easy to carry around because it’s very light.
If slipping and falling due to sweaty hands has been an issue for you, this is the yoga mat to buy.
4. The Hugger Mugger Para Rubber Yoga Mat
Made from rubber that is springy and soft, the hugger Mugger Para Rubber Yoga Mat is an amazing eco-friendly product.
There are a variety of reasons why it makes this list and one of them is its ¼ inches thickness.
This provides you with extra support and cushioning and because of the fact that it’s sticky, slipping during sessions will be the least of your worries.
- You get extra cushioning
- This is an eco-friendly mat
- Has excellent grip which is good for sweaty palms
- This is a very heavy mat
- Has a bit of a potent rubber smell
- The transition for some people moving from a traditional yoga mat to this can be tricky
Overall Verdict: If you ignore the rubber smell and the weight, this is a high quality mat that’s eco-friendly and provides anyone with sweaty palms an excellent grip.
5. Clever Yoga Mat
First introduced to the market way back in 2014, the Clever Yoga Mat is truly one of kind and it’s perfect for mature yoga pros and even beginners.
It does not matter how experienced you are in yoga, this yoga mat is amazing because it will ensure you’re still comfortable even when your palms are sweaty.
- A very light product
- Very affordable for anyone on a tight budgetVery easy to clean
- Does not produce any smell
- Very colorful and vibrant
- Big enough to accommodate people who are tall as well
- It’s not suitable for activities like hot yoga because you might slip – the grip isn’t perfect
Overall Verdict: Made from material that is resistant to the sun’s UV rays, the clever yoga mat lets you enjoy yoga sessions in the great outdoors without fear of the sun.
If you are a very tall person, the dimension of this mat will not give you any trouble.
6. IUGA Non-Slip Yoga Mat
Even if you do not have a big budget to work with, the IUGA non-slip yoga is a good quality product you can trust all day along.
IUGA is a family run business and they don’t disappoint with this mat because it’s very stable and more comfortable than most mats on the market.
Just like many other top quality mats out there, this mat is amazing not just because of it’s features – but also because you can get it in various colours.
Best of all, when your hands get a little sweaty, the chances of you slipping and embarrassing yourself are very slim.
If you are looking for a good quality yoga mat on a budget, this product ticks all the boxes.
- One of the most affordable yoga maps on this list
- It’s allergy friendly making it suitable for almost anyone who practices yoga
- It’s super lightweight meaning you can easily carry it around whilst travelling.
- Question marks over its durability – especially if you practice yoga regularly
Overall Verdict: Overall the IUGA Non-Slip Yoga Mat is perfect for people who have to travel for their yoga sessions because it is lightweight and portable.
It’s also allergy free, which is a bit of bonus.
7. Aurorae Synergy Two in One Yoga Mat
The Aurorae Synergy Two in One Yoga mat is very durable and it’s perfect for if you do yoga sessions a few times a week.
The material it’s made from is eco-friendly and you will not have to break the bank to afford it.
The only downside to this mat is the smell it produces if you don’t wash it after yoga classes.
You really need to make sure you wash it often and well – because the last thing you want is to walk into your yoga sessions with a smelly mat.
- This yoga mat is made from materials that are eco-friendly
- An amazing yoga mat that prevents slips and fall
- Quality of this yoga mat is amazing
- A very thick yoga making it very durable
- If you’re taller than 6ft, the sleeper feature might be too small
- You need to air it out after your yoga sessions because it does produce a funny smell
- Does lose its stickiness after a while
Overall Verdict: Take away the fact that it’s a bit bulky and produces a funny odor after sessions; it is a good yoga mat because of its eco-friendly material and durability.
8. Heathyoga Non-Slip Alignment Mat
If you’re a novice and you don’t want to spend a lot of money on a yoga mat then the Heathyoga Non-Slip Alignment Mat is right up your alley.
It has a textured surface for those who are looking to have a bit more grip when doing yoga.
While most people with a high quality mat often complain about the dimension being less than perfect, this mat is different.
You will get plenty of room for stretching out. Plus the double layer constructions mean you won’t fall over when your hands are sweaty.
- Has an alignment system that is helpful plus it’s great value for money
- Comes with good cushioning
- The dimensions of this mat are perfect if you’re taller than most
- Comes with a carry strap for travelling
- The textured grip it has isn’t everyone’s cup of tea
- Complaints about its durability
Overall Verdict: Anyone who is new to yoga needs to get this mat because it is perfect for beginners.
Since there are question marks over its durability, you can always buy a good quality mat later on.
But when you’re first getting started, it’s a great option.
9. Yoga Design Lab Combo Mat
This yoga mat has been getting plenty of positive reviews from customers because it’s nicely designed, eco-friendly and the quality doesn’t disappoint at all.
If you’re a person that practices hot yoga or you really struggle with sweaty hands, then this is a mat that needs to be on your radar.
What you get from this mat (apart from the points mentioned above) is a towel like grip which is perfect for dealing with sweaty hands.
While there are so many yoga mats on the market already, this is one of the best to spend your money on.
- Come with a carry strap
- A very supportive yoga matIt’s absorbs moisture well – which most users love especially when it’s wet
- An eco-friendly productLove the sleeper function
- It’s perfect for having guests over
- Some customers claim it does not have enough cushion/padding
- The manufacturers could have done a better job on the dry grip
Overall Verdict: The Yoga Design Lab Combo Mat is a thing of beauty, especially with its design.
Whenever you sweat, you want a mat that will support you and this product does exactly that.
10. Hemingweigh Extra Thick Foam Exercise Mat
Those looking for an exercise mat that has more padding on it should look no further than the Hemingweigh Extra Thick Foam Exercise Mat.
Plus you get an integrated carrying strap for portability and a moisture resistant surface that is very easy to clean.
If you have sweaty hands, this mat should stop you from falling over during your sessions and the length gives a nice, spacious area to practice on.
- It has a non-slip surface which helps anyone with sweaty hands
- Comes with a thicker padding than most
- Comes with carrying straps which make it easy for you to carry it around
- Perfect for a large variety of exercises
- This yoga mat is a bit heavy
- You might need to purchase blocks or a weight to keep it in one place – otherwise it may roll up
- It’s a bit squishy especially with high-intensity exercises
Overall Verdict: The Hemingweigh Extra Thick Foam Exercise Mat is perfect for all sorts of exercises including Pilates, stretching and most importantly yoga.
So What’s The Best Yoga Mat For Sweaty Hands?
While all of the 10 yoga mats mentioned above are magnificent in their own way, the Gaiam Sol Dry-Grip mat is easily the best yoga mat for sweaty hands.
Because it has minimal odor and it’s texture is designed to avoid slipping, making it a comfortable, sweat-friendly mat for your yoga sessions.
An added bonus is its sleek black design which is a very nice touch.
Disclaimer: relaxlikeaboss.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Last update on 2019-09-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API