Your search for the most relaxing chair ends here. From comfy recliners to big fluffy saucers, I’ve tried it all. And let me tell you, it’s harder to find a relaxing chair than you might think.
Yet whether you’re settling down for a Netflix marathon, or looking to spruce up your man cave, we all need a place to unwind.
And that starts with getting a comfortable chair.
So in this guide, I’ll review 5 of the most comfortable chairs for your home. Read on or jump straight to the section you’re interested in.
Product Comparison Table:
Is there anything better than chilling in your favourite chair after a hard day’s work?
Well, before we dive into it, let’s look at the best ways to choose which relaxation chair you should buy.
|Giantex Massage Recliner Chair, PU...||Check on Amazon|
|Urban Shop Zebra Faux Fur Saucer Chair||$39.99 $36.29||Check on Amazon|
|Haotian FST15-DG, Comfortable Relax...||$99.99||Check on Amazon|
How To Choose The Most Relaxing Chair For Your Home
There’s an art to choosing a comfy chair.
Finding a chair is easy – but finding one you love takes a little bit more research.
Luckily for you, I’ve crunched the numbers already.
So here’s a few things to consider first.
Comfort is everything. And some chairs are cozier than others.
Soft materials, alignment between the armrests and the legs of the chair can all make a big difference.
You also need a decent amount of cushion padding and sturdiness (if the chair is adjustable).
There’s no point splashing out on a chair that breaks a few weeks later.
I tend to find that cheaper chairs are often manufactured with flimsy materials but you can still get a bargain if you look hard enough.
(More on that later.)
And of course, you need a chair that can support your weight properly. I’ve added a description in lbs of how much weight each chair can sustain.
I’ll run you through each product’s overall build quality too.
A chair’s design can make or break your home’s look, so it’s important to find a style you love.
Also, attractive chairs that are still comfortable are hard to come by.
So I’ll grade each product’s colour, style and overall attractiveness.
I’ve also included pictures of each product below, along with an outline of their pros and cons.
Whilst design, durability and comfort are all useful, it’s hard to relax if you’re struggling to assemble your chair.
On the flip side, being lightweight, easy to store and practical to assemble earn major brownie points.
So I’ll give you a breakdown of the practicality of each chair below.
The Best And Most Relaxing Chairs – Reviews
Now that you’ve learned how to pick the most relaxing chair, let’s get into the reviews.
I’ve covered the top five options across a few different budgets, from bargain buys to luxury comfort.
I’ve also looked at the pros and cons of each, along with what other reviewers on Amazon have to say.
So here we go.
1. Giantex Manual Recliner Chair
If you’re looking for cool comfy chairs, this is it.
The Giantex Manual Recliner is by far the best value for money.
With it’s thick padding, adjustable quick switch design and a very comfortable footrest, relaxing chairs don’t get much better.
Plus, the price tag means it’s a good choice for a cheap recliner.
You really won’t find much better value for money. And if you’re feeling lazy, it even reclines all the way back to a horizontal position.
This is the sort of chair you could relax in for hours. It doesn’t even take long to assemble either.
In fact, it’s ideal for those 8 hour Netflix binges or if you’re playing video games.
This is a major benefit compared to the Haotian Wood Rocking Chair for example, which you can only sit on for half an hour max.
But is it durable?
Well, it’s fitted with heavy-duty iron pipe and it can hold up to 250 lbs of weight.
The materials seem sturdy and It also comes with a high quality leather finish.
One disadvantage of the Giantex Manual Recliner is that it’s not really built for tall people. If you’re more than 6ft 3, you’re going to struggle to fit on. Obviously most people won’t have that problem.
This chair isn’t just limited to relaxing in your lounge either. Far from it.
Here’s a few ways to use the Giantex:
- Games/play room
- A ‘man cave’ – ideal for keeping you or your partner occupied
- Residential homes
- Durable and reliable. The build quality is awesome and it could last for years
- Super easy to set up and assemble
- Compared to most recliners, you’re getting very good value for the price tag
- It’s lightweight and easy to move around
- The reclining adjustable switch and footrest are very comfortable
- Little bit stiff when you first set it up
- Not quite as comfortable when compared to some of the pricier recliner options
Pro Tip: If you’re setting this up on a tiled floor, it’s best to use nonskid pads to avoid sliding around as you get up from the chair.
2. HomCom 5 Position Folding Sleeper Chair
Durable, sturdy and fitted with a handy armrest, the HomCom 5 is one of the most comfortable lounge chairs out there.
Worried about your weight?
Well, it’ll hold up to 280 pounds without any problems. Sure, it’s one of the pricier options on this list, but you get what you pay for.
Hosting some guests? Or having the grandkids over? This also doubles up as a chair and a bed – it’s very versatile.
Whilst you wouldn’t do sleep in it every night, it’s a useful option when you’re running out of room for guests in the house. With dimensions of 29 x 24 x 16 inches, this isn’t the widest sleeper chair.
However, that does make it handy to move around. And at 42.1 pounds, it’s not too heavy to move from room to room or put into storage.
- Great build quality – it’s solid, durable and sturdy
- The HomCom 5’s attractive design makes a stunning addition to any home
- It’s not too big – decent size
- If you’re living in a smaller apartment then you don’t have to worry about it taking over your lounge
- checkLove the sleeper function.
- It’s perfect for having guests over
- If your guests are taller than 6ft, the sleeper feature might be too small
- The pre-drilled holes on the armrests are difficult to align when you’re assembling it
3. Urban Shop Faux Fur Saucer Chair
This big fluffy chair is as cool as it looks. I mean who doesn’t want a fur saucer for their lounge?
It’d be perfectly suited as a relaxing chair for your bedroom too, especially with it’s cute and soft materials. I also love the design, it’s great for an evening chill.
The Urban Shop Saucer Chair comes in a variety of snazzy colours, including purple, zebra, navy and black.
Hint: The zebra look is one of the coolest designs I’ve seen!
- Nice and lightweight, so you can easily move it around your home
- Cool design – love the fluffy faux fur materials
- You can fold up the chair if you need to put it in storage check
- Nice size – doesn’t stand out too much
- Cute and soft materials
- You will need to take care of it. The faux fur material is difficult to clean
- The design might be a little too flamboyant for a bachelor pad
- A little bit over priced in terms of value for money.
- There’s definitely better value chairs out there
- Some users reported the box being damaged when it arrived
4. Do4U Home Adjustable Folding Lazy Sofa
A relaxing sofa chair is a perfect addition to any lounge. So if that sounds like something you’re after, look no further.
The Do4U’s elastic foam sponge material combined with six adjustable positions is nothing short of awesome. With so many positions, you can set it up to support your neck, spine or simply lie down at 90 degrees.
Plus you can easily pack it up and put it into storage whenever you need to. There’s also plenty of padding, so it’s comfortable and supports your back nicely.
When you set The Do4U into position, it tends to stay there so you don’t have to worry about studiness.
I’m not a big fan of the design personally but I can see the attraction. It’s just not my style.
The colours and texture are a little bit flamboyant too. It’s definitely a comfortable chair – but the design still lacks eloquence.
It might be better suited if you’re living in a student house or you’re looking to kit out your child’s bedroom.
The chair’s dimensions are 41.25″ x 21.25″ x 6″ and at just over seven pounds, it’s easy to move around.
It’d also be a great addition to your office, especially after those hard days when you need a bit of time to reflect.
- Extremely comfortable for lounging on
- Perfect for setting up in your lounge or your child’s room
- Nice cushion padding for extra comfort
- Easy to clean – you don’t have to worry about getting stains on it
- Sturdy – once you fit this into one of it’s six positions, you’re ready to go
- Great for gaming, watching films, chilling in your lounge or taking a mid-afternoon nap
- The design is like marmite.
- You either love it or you hate it
- The same goes for the colour and materials too
5. Haotian Wood Relaxing Rocking Chair
This cozy rocking chair comes with a fabric cotton cushion. It’s easy to get stains on your chair but usually hard to wash them out.
The Haotian Wood’s case is removable, so that you can easily clean and wash the cover.
With a birch veneer frame, it’s fairly sturdy and comfortable with the cotton cushion lining. You couldn’t lounge in this chair for hours at a time but it’s still a nice seat to take a breather in.
For extra comfort, I’d recommend adding an pillow. Weighing in at 21 pounds, the frame is light but it will still support those of you carrying a bit of extra weight.
At an estimate, this chair could hold up to around 250 pounds, so it’s quite sturdy.It’s designed with a stylish clear acrylic lacquer, so it’d be an attractive feature for your lounge or bedroom.
The Haotian Wood Rocking Chair is also easy to assemble – I think you could set it up within 20-30 minutes. It’s dimensions are 65x72cm. That’s not a bad size if your apartment’s quite cozy.
- Good value for money – very affordable
- Small, lightweight and easy to assemble
- It’s cozy and comfortable
- Nicely designed as an accessory for your bedroom
- Comes with a stylish and modern look
- Unlike luxury relaxation chairs like the Giantex Manual Recliner, this is more an of a budget option
- You might need a bit of extra padding.
- A cushion or throw over could work nicely
- You wouldn’t be able to spend a few hours curled up in this rocking chair – but for 20-30 minutes, it’s still enjoyable
- Be careful of the wood piece underneath the legs.
- It’s easy to squash your feet underneath
Top Pick For The Most Relaxing Chair
So who gets the top spot?
Hands down, it’s the Giantex Manual Recliner.
By far, this is the most relaxing chair on the list. Plus it’s a steal for the price and incredibly easy to assemble.
However, every chair on this list fits the bill if you’re looking for something comfortable.
They’re all good options with top rated reviews. But in terms of comfort, the Giantex’s combination of a foot-rest, thick padding and leg kick makes it the perfect addition to any lounge.
Note: It’s best served with your favourite film and a hot cup of cocoa.
Disclaimer: relaxlikeaboss.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.